Give everybody a chance to contribute to the discussion by sharing speaking time equally. With this tool you do not need to be a strict moderator, but people will notice themselves that currently it’s the other participants’ time to speak up.
- This tool can be used with any number of people in order to place limits on over-eager speakers.
- It also encourages shy speakers to contribute.
- Each person is given an equal number of matches.
- Every time someone speaks up they give up a match.
- When someone has used all their matches they may not speak again until everyone else’s matches are gone, too.
Source: Seedsforchange. A Consensus Handbook.
All Seeds for Change guides are anti-copyright. Feel free to copy, adapt, use and distribute them, as long as the final work remains anti-copyright. If you translate any of our work please let us know so that we can link to your translation.