World Café is a method to create a friendly event for your community in order to kick start a joint action plan, a shared philosophy, or simply create good group dynamic.
It is an ideal way to find out what a community is thinking and feeling about a topic. After the first conversation, someone stays at the table as ‘host’, while the others move to a new table, taking their previous conversations with them.
World Café Guidelines: Seven Design Principles
- Set the context.
- Create hospitable space.
- Explore questions that matter.
- Encourage everyone’s participation.
- Connect diverse perspectives.
- Listen together for patterns and insights.
- Share collective discoveries.