The “Colour Palette” is a staff development tool which enables teachers to gain inspiration and tools for personal social development (PSD) in one’s own teaching. The main target group for this training tool are teachers who want to explore with colleagues how they can further shape PSD in their teaching. During the six meetings of the training (each aimed at one “colour” as described below) the attention is drawn to practical teaching methods and theoretical deepening while leaving room for working with the concrete experiences of the participants. PSD is not an off-the-rack product, it must always be tailored to the teachers and the students.
The Colour Palette offers guidelines for personal and social development:
- Red: the „self“ that regards and grows to understand itself
- Orange: critical thinking
- Yellow: imagination
- Green: development of the moral compass
- Blue: a sense of community, the „self“ in relation to the other
- Purple: the individual and his or her place and role within the greater community
- Violet: heritage, the reservoir of backgrounds and principles that have made society and the world what they are
- Grey: PSD in education will always require practice.
Learning outcomes: Inspiration, practical options and insights to shape personal and social development in one’s own teaching; knowledge and insights in the themes of the Colour Palette!