Inclusive learning material
Inclusive learning material enhances a student’s sense of belonging to the learning community. It supports awareness of equality and diversity issues in the educational setting but also in a wider perspective in society and in the disciplinary fields.
The UDL Guidelines: Universal Design for Learning Guidelines
- The guidelines are divided into three distinctive categories as follows:
- Engagement (the WHY of learning)
- Representation (the WHAT of learning)
- Action & Expression (the HOW of learning).
- In each category the individual should be provided multiple means of reaching the set objectives.
- You can access the guidelines online at http://udlguidelines.cast.org/
- The guidelines are explained by Center Director David Rose on the video below.
Viewing time 3:44 min